Chocolate Covered Pretzels for Valentine’s Day
Chocolate✔ Pretzels✔ Sprinkles✔
Like everyone, I crave sweet treats. Almost all of the time.
After dinner, I usually head straight for my stash of pretzels and chocolate. There have been times when I’ve had to have my boyfriend or roommates hide the pretzels and chocolate from me because I’m addicted (I’ll admit I have no self-restraint). There’s just something about that salty and sweet flavor in every bite that gives my stomach butterflies.
Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite treats to make (and eat! See above) because they can be made for any occasion and the topping options are endless! For instance: almonds, pecans, walnuts, drizzle, mini chocolate chips, toffee bits, sprinkles, etc! The options are gloriously endless!
But today we’re going to make some chocolate dipped pretzels for Valentine’s Day! Everyone loves them! They’re pretty, tasty, and crazy easy to create. At the end of the day, these chocolate covered pretzels are so impressive and satisfyingly delicious.
Below are three different ways you can create easy Valentine’s Day chocolate covered pretzels.
I prefer to use Wilton white chocolate melting morsels because their melting point is lower and the coating always stays perfectly hard at room temperature. For the pretzels, I used Rold Gold’s tiny twists, Rold Gold pretzel rods, and Snyder’s mini pretzels. And for the sprinkles, I picked up a variety of Valentine’s Day sprinkles. The more the merrier! Have fun with it! However, for the mini pretzels (third example in video), I made sure to buy the larger heart sugar candies. I got mine from Michaels.
Once the chocolate covered pretzels are complete, I’ll either leave them out in a bowl for my roommates or I’ll package them in a bag, two of each type of pretzel, to hand out. You can easily put them in a Ziploc bag and they’ll be just fine.
This sugary gift is perfect for your Valentine, your friends, co-workers, favorite baristas, esthetician, hairstylist, anyone, really! Don’t forget about yourself! You’ll enjoy them too!
Chocolate Covered Pretzels (for Valentine's Day)
- 1 12 oz. bag Wilton white chocolate morsels
- Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles
- Rold Gold pretzel rods
- Rold Gold tiny twist pretzels
- Snyders mini pretzels
- Piping bag (or sandwich bag with the corner cut off)
- Star tip
For half dipped pretzels:
- Line a baking sheet with either parchment or wax paper. Open your bag of Rold Gold tiny twist pretzels. (Note: I tend to scrummage though the bags and remove the ones that are broken and save them for myself for snacking later. #treatyoself)
- Using a small microwaveable bowl, melt the white chocolate chips at 50% power for 30 second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted.
- While your white chocolate is melting, pour your desired color of sprinkles in a small bowl for dipped.
- Holding one tiny twist pretzel by the bottom, dip the top half into bowl of white chocolate. Allow excess white chocolate to drip, and scrape the bottom of the white chocolate dipped pretzel on the rim of the bowl.
- Gently dip the pretzel into the bowl containing the sprinkles. Flipping the pretzel over, make sure all of the white chocolate is covered in sprinkles. Lay pretzel on lined baking sheet.
For pretzel rods:
- For the pretzel rods, we're going to use the same process as described above.
- With the sprinkles, however, pour them in a large pile on the lined baking sheet.
- Dip the pretzel rod in the white chocolate bowl. Allow excess white chocolate to fall off. This may take a few seconds.
- Gently lay pretzel rod down onto the sprinkles and roll it, making sure all white chocolate is covered in sprinkles.
- Place pretzel rod on baking rack.
For mini heart chocolate covered pretzels:
- For the mini pretzels, we're going to do a little different process than the ones used in the directions above.
- Lay mini pretzels on lined baking sheet.
- Place white chocolate in a piping bag with a star tip. In the center of each small pretzel, gently squeeze the bag to make one star of white chocolate.
- Using the larger heart sprinkles, place one directly in the center of each white chocolate star.
And viola! You've completed all three white chocolate pretzels!
- BON APPÉTIT!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!