Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies
Have I mentioned how much I love peanut butter (well, the crunchy kind, more specifically)? Let’s just say if I were allergic, I’d still probably stuff my face with it. The obsession is real.
Some of you may feel the same way when it comes to Nutella or any other type of nut butter, and trust me, I totally get it.
Any other PB/Nutella/nut butters addicts out there? Holla!! ??????
I’ve gotten some requests for doing a Pretty Little Bakers vid on gluten free desserts, and luckily, these peanut butter cookies meet the PLB standards AND are gluten free. WHAT. Only four ingredients (five if you want to add some chocolate into the cookie dough), fun-sized, and SO SIMPLE! So let’s break it down now.
This peanut butter cookie recipe contains sugar, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter. I wasn’t lying when I said “so simple!” These cookies contain absolutely ZERO ounces of flour. The lack of flour makes these cookies gluten free!
All you have to remember is that these cookies are number one. ONE cup of sugar, ONE cup of peanut butter, ONE egg, and ONE teaspoon of vanilla.
Now for variation, I added some semi-sweet chocolate chips to half of my dough and those cookies came out tasting like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup (well, came out tasting like anything that includes chocolate and peanut butter). It’s fun because half of my batch of cookies were strictly peanut butter and the other half came out like a brownish color, with the chunks of peanuts from the crunchy peanut butter peeking through.
Watch the video above to see how to make these four-ingredient (the fifth is optional) gluten free, super simple, peanut butter cookies.
If you haven’t already, be sure to follow Pretty Little Bakers on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! And if you make these versions of peanut butter/peanut butter and chocolate cookies, send them to me so I can repost/retweet your pics! I love seeing your creations.
If there’s any other dessert you’d like to see featured on PLB, let me know in the comment section below!
Peanut Butter (and Chocolate) Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Wooden spoon
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
- In your large bowl, mix peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- *To make peanut butter and chocolate cookies, separate the dough in half.
- Roll dough into one-inch balls and place on wax lined baking sheet. Repeat process with the remaining dough, spreading the dough balls one to two inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Using the back side of the fork, gently press down in a crisscross pattern. The cookies will flatten even more since there is no flour.
- Bake at a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cookies are a golden brown.
- *For peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, using half of the dough made from the ingredients above, add 1/3 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Roll dough into one-inch balls and place on wax lined baking sheet. Repeat process with the remaining peanut butter and chocolate dough. Using the fork, gently press down to create a crisscross pattern on the cookies. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, or until cookies are a golden brown.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!