Shamrock Pretzel Pops
St. Patrick’s Day… Ahhh good ole St. Paddy’s Day. It has always been a little stressful for me because somehow I manage to forget to wear green. BUT NOT THIS YEAR. NOPE. I WILL WEAR GREEN. (Somehow I think writing it out will help me remember)
Despite my hesitation with this holiday, it sure is a great excuse to make some treats!
Like the typical human being, I love me some chocolate. And when you add pretzels to the mix, I’m in dessert heaven! Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite go-to snacks. There are so many ways to make chocolate dipped pretzels (pretzel rods, large pretzel twists, mini pretzels, etc.) and since St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, we’re going to make shamrock pretzel pops!
These pretzel pops only require four ingredients: green chocolate melts, mini pretzels, cake pop sticks, and [insert your decoration of choice] for added flair! *Note: I used green M&Ms and sprinkles for decorations but you can get pretty crazy and wild with how you decorate the shamrocks! Be as creative as you’d like!
My one major tip for making these shamrock pretzels pop is to be quick. It only takes a few minutes for the green chocolate to harden. But don’t worry, once you get your first shamrock dipped, arranged, and decorated, you’ll be a shamrock pretzel pop machine and start cranking out these puppies in no time!
That being said, let’s get right into the kitchen to start making these easy, 5-minute, no bake, chocolate dipped shamrock pretzel pops!
- Mini pretzel twists
- Green chocolate melts
- Decorations (I used green M&Ms and green sprinkles)
- Cake pop sticks
- Wax paper
- Baking sheet
- Spoon (to stir the green chocolate melts)
- Place green chocolate melts in a microwavable bowl and put it in the microwave, setting the timer for 30 second increments at 50% power, stirring every 30 second interval.
- While the green chocolate is melting, line your baking sheet with wax paper. Gather the rest of your ingredients needed to make one shamrock pretzel pop. You'll need one cake pop stick, three mini pretzel twists, one green M&M, and green sprinkles.
- Once the green chocolate is completely melted, now it's time to dip the pretzels and align them on the wax paper. BIG TIP: MOVE QUICKLY!! The chocolate tends to set if not touched after a few minutes so you'll want to dip, arrange, and decorate your shamrock pretzel pop in a timely manner.
- Working with one pretzel at a time, drop one pretzel in the green chocolate. Use your fork to move the pretzel around, making sure it is evenly coated.
- Get your fork underneath your pretzel and tap the fork on the rim of the bowl to allow all excess green chocolate to drip back into the bowl. This may take a few seconds.
- Bring your fork over to the wax lined baking sheet and gently lay your pretzel down.
- Repeat the dipping process with the second and third pretzels, arranging them in the shape of a shamrock when laying them down. Make sure to leave a little space in between the left and right pretzels for the cake pop stick.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop stick into the green chocolate (I tend to dip about an inch). Wedge the dipped tip in between the left and the right pretzel, making sure it's also touching the pretzel on top.
- Carefully place an M&M in the center, connecting all three pretzels. Decorate your shamrock with green sprinkles.
- Allow the green chocolate on the pretzels to set completely before removing from the wax paper. Once the chocolate has hardened, carefully peel your shamrock pretzel pop from the wax paper and ta-da!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!