Caramel Rice Krispies Treats – Baseball Edition!
“Hey batter, batter, batter, swing batter.”
More like “hey baker, baker, baker, these caramel Rice Krispies treats are to die for and you won’t be disappointed.”
I can’t tell you how addicting these desserts are. Rice Krispies treats alone are super delicious and you can’t have just ONE bite. But when you add caramel to the mix, watch out! These puppies will be gone in minutes, you won’t even know what hit you! One second I’m watching the latest episode of Scandal, eating small bites of these caramel Rice Krispies treats and the next thing I know, the scene changes and I’m going back for seconds, thirds, even fourths. Dangerous, I must say.
The fun thing about homemade caramel Rice Krispies treats is you can make them into any shape you want! Valentine’s Day is coming up? Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter and boom, it’s perfect for the occasion! Mother’s Day is near? Use a flower-shaped cookie cutter and maybe even add a few drops of blue coloring dye to make the caramel Rice Krispies treats really pop out! Don’t even get me started on Christmas… Can you imagine how much fun a tree cookie cutter and green coloring dye with some added sprinkles would be?! Well I know what I’m making for one of my Christmas desserts!
This time around, I’m using a simple circle cookie cutter (or you can even use the rim of a cup) to cut my caramel Rice Krispies treats into 2-D baseballs. Why? BECAUSE OPENING DAY FOR AMERICA’S FAVORITE PASTIME IS MONDAY APRIL 4, 2016! Oh and did I mention that National Caramel Day is April 5? IT’S PERFECT!!
The love of my life is a pitcher in the Chicago White Sox organization and even though he’s thousands of miles away, I’m still going to make these in the shape of baseballs because baseball is obviously a very big deal in our household!
Enough chit-chat, let’s go for the home run with these caramel Rice Krispies treats!
Caramel Rice Krispies Treats - Baseball Edition
- 1/2 package Kraft caramels
- 1.5 teaspoons heavy cream
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Medium sauce pan
- Cooking spray
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
To make baseball caramel Rice Krispies treats:
- Circle cookie cutter (or cup with circular rim)
- White chocolate melts
- Red chocolate melts
- Ziploc bag
- Icing spatula
- Grease baking pan.
- In medium size sauce pan over LOW heat, drop butter and stir. Add heavy cream and unwrapped caramels. Stir until all caramels are melted.
- Add mini marshmallows and stir until mixture is thick and an even texture, no extra lumps of marshmallows.
- Turn off stove.
- Mix in Rice Krispies cereal.
- Pour (or scoop) caramelized Rice Krispies into greased baking pan.
- Grease the wax paper with cooking spray and press down on the Rice Krispies treats to get the block as flat as possible, leaving it around 1 inch thick.
- Place baking sheet in fridge for about 10 to cool.
- Remove from fridge and use a circle cookie cutter to cut out 2-D baseball Rice Krispies treats.
- Melt white chocolate melts in microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Using an icing spatula, paint the top of the circles with white chocolate, smoothing it out as best as possible.
- Melt red chocolate melts using the same method as above. Scoop red chocolate into the corner of a Ziploc bag, squeeze out excess air, cut the tip of the corner, and pipe on two lines onto the white chocolate. Add tiny tick marks along the lines to look like the laces of the ball.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to allow white and red chocolate to harden.
- Put caramel Rice Krispies treats in airtight container for up to a week.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!