White chocolate macadamia nut anything is beyond scrumptious, but when this combination is added into a blondie, we’ve got ourselves a total game-changer, my friends.
First and foremost, what the heck is a “blondie?” Well, Pretty Little Bakers, a blondie is a non-chocolate brownie. And in our case, we’re working with white chocolate instead of milk or dark chocolate!
This post’s inspiration? My most recent trip to Maui. I went for a quick three-day weekend to celebrate my man’s birthday. Being surrounded by Maui onion chips, tropical pineapples, and fresh macadamia nuts made it quite difficult not to come back to the states 10 lbs. heavier. I’m pretty sure I gained 8 pounds that trip, no lie.
On the plane back, I thought, what can I make that revolves around macadamia nuts? And that’s when these white chocolate macadamia nut blondies came to mind! White chocolate and macnut anything is always the perfect combo. But when you put this combo in a bar form, the crisp edges and chewy interior really make a massive difference.
Check out the video below to see the video tutorial on these white chocolate macadamia nut blondies!
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/8 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 4 oz. white chocolate melties
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- Add salt, baking powder, and flour. Mix on low speed until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in the macadamia nuts and the white chocolate chips/melties.
- Transfer to the baking pan. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into squares and bon appetit!