Some people may argue chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day. But no. Chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect treat for ANY occasion.
Example: On my first day of work at my first job right out of college, a package was delivered from Edible Arrangements. It was a box filled with 24 various kinds of chocolate covered strawberries from my parents, congratulating me (the note is hanging in my room). Another example: I had a really rough couple of days last year and I came home to chocolate covered strawberries from my roommates with a message reading “sorry life gets tough sometimes, but welcome home to your happy place!”
See, these examples weren’t even holidays but chocolate covered strawberries were absolutely appropriate in these situations.
Confession time: My favorite restaurant delivers chocolate covered strawberries along with the check and every time, I always take a few home with me. I may be stuffed beyond belief, but I’ll find some room in my left leg to squeeze a couple chocolate covered strawberries in there. Yeah, it’s safe to say I’m addicted to chocolate covered strawberries. They are my all-time FAVORITE dessert on this planet. Yes, I will spend $4.49 for a chocolate covered strawberry rolled in mini chocolate chips at Disneyland (#insanepersonalert). Yes, I will snag at minimum 8 chocolate covered strawberries from the buffet dessert line, all for myself (#noshame). And yes, more often than not, I buy strawberries only with the intention of dipping them in chocolate because I’m craving that bite of pure magic (#worthit).
My question of the day is: Why spend an arm and a leg on store bought chocolate covered strawberries when you can make them in your own kitchen in less than 10 minutes, only spending maximum $5? They’re super easy to make from scratch right at home!
Remember, you can make chocolate covered strawberries using any toppings (crushed almonds, crushed pecans, toffee bits, sprinkles, chocolate/white chocolate drizzle, mini chocolate chips, mini M&Ms, etc). The video above shows how I made chocolate covered strawberries in honor of Cinco de Mayo!
If you make these chocolate covered strawberries, be sure to take a picture and tag #prettylittlebakers on Instagram so I can see your awesome photos and trust me, I’ll be sure to like and comment on them! I love seeing your creations!
- Large strawberries, washed and dried thoroughly
- White chocolate melts
- Green sprinkles
- Wax or parchment lined baking sheet
- Place the white chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl and melt at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring every time until smooth.
- Wash strawberries and dry completely.
- Pulling back the leaves of the strawberry, insert a toothpick into the strawberry’s stem and dip it into the melted white chocolate, only coating about 2/3 up the strawberry.
- Gently tap the toothpick on the rim of the cup to allow all excess white chocolate to fall back into the bowl.
- Dip the strawberry into a shallow bowl of green sprinkles, only going up about 1/3 of the strawberry.
- Place the strawberry on the wax or parchment paper.
- Repeat until desired amount of Cinco de Mayo chocolate covered strawberries is reached.
- Let the strawberries set for about 30 minutes at room temperature or about 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Serve and enjoy!