https://i1.wp.com/prettylittlebakers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/IMG_2454-2.jpg?fit=2679%2C1741 1741 2679 Pretty Little Bakers http://prettylittlebakers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Pretty-Little-Bakers-logo-2018.png Pretty Little Bakers2016-02-14 17:30:012016-05-05 10:25:28Heart-Shaped Oreo Truffles
Let’s play a quick little game of “Never Have I Ever,” shall we?
Never have I ever made a yummier and easier dessert in my life.
Yes, that’s an incredibly bold statement.
Oreo truffles. First of all, who can go wrong with Oreos? Second, you only need three ingredients for this recipe: Oreos, cream cheese, and chocolate (or white chocolate).
*note: This recipe calls for 1 package of regular Oreos and 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese. You can use a package of Double Stuf Oreos, but if you do, make sure you only use 4 oz. of cream cheese.
If you’ve never made truffles before or have never dipped candies in chocolate, this is a great place to start! No better time than the present, am I right? It’s such an easy recipe and once you try these, I know you’ll be hooked!
I’ve made these Oreo truffles before for Christmas parties and events and every time they’re out and available for snacking, they’re always the first things to go! Not only are they so cute, but the flavor is moist and rich in chocolate. It’s like a Pringle or a french fry- you can’t have JUST ONE. Last time I made Oreo truffles, I left them in a container in the fridge. My boyfriend texted me asking if he could have ONE Oreo truffle. After getting home, I realized there were four missing (he has yet to own up to snagging them, but we’ll keep that on the down low). They’re just too good!
I made these Oreo truffles for Valentine’s Day. Even though the process is the same for regular Oreo truffles, the presentation is a bit different. If you’re celebrating Galentine’s Day, Single Awareness Day, or even if you have a hot date with Netflix, these are so perfect for the day of love! I’m hooked for life! Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!!
Heart-Shaped Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 12 oz. bag melting white chocolate morsels
- Begin by crushing the Oreos. I have a food processor but if you don’t have one, simply place a handful of Oreos in a large Ziploc bag, seal it shut, and crush with a rolling pin until finely crushed.
- Set aside some crushed Oreos for later to sprinkle on top of white chocolate.
- Pour remaining crushed Oreos over 8 oz. cream cheese in a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mix until cream cheese and Oreos are mixed completely.
- Since these truffles are for Valentine's Day, instead of rolling them into balls with your hands, use a mini heart mold and place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes to allow the Oreo truffle become firm.
- Once they are cold, take them out of the mold and place them on a wax lined baking sheet.
- Using mini cake pop sticks, dip one end of the stick in melted white chocolate and insert it only about 1/4 - 1/2 inch in the bottom of the heart-shaped Oreo truffle.
- Allow the truffle to harden up again by placing the lined baking sheet in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- While the truffles are freezing, melt the white chocolate using Wilton white chocolate melting morsels.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions.
- Once the heart-shaped Oreo truffles are cold, remove them from the freezer and begin dipping the truffles in the white chocolate by holding the end of the cake pop stick. Allow the excess white chocolate to run off.
- Returning to the baking sheet, immediately sprinkle the top of the truffle with the remaining crushed Oreos and place one sugar heart sprinkle in the center. This is what makes it so cute for Valentine’s Day!
- Allow the white chocolate to set. Voila!