Chocolate mousse cups – rich, creamy, chocolatey desserts. These cups are a perfect example of why Pretty Little Bakers exists. Three ingredients. Five minutes. BOOM. SO EASY. SO DELICIOUS. SO UNBELIEVABLE. ?
The recipe I’m sharing today is a quick and simple dessert that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day. If you’re still struggling to figure out what to get your S.O. for the special day, or if you’re planning a Galentine’s party with your best girl friends, or even if you have a hot Netflix and chill date with yourself, chocolate mousse cups are the way to go. And to top it all off, wine…wine would pair very well with the dense chocolate mousse. Plus, you deserve it!
OH MY GOSH I CAN’T HANDLE HOW DELICIOUS THESE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CUPS ARE!!! I want them all day, everyday. It’s truly like you’re eating a cloud. The cold, fresh, fluffy chocolate mousse melts away in your mouth. The sweet flavor of chocolate with a crunch of sprinkles, IT’S DELECTABLE. I’ll be honest, the most difficult part about this process was waiting to indulge until after I topped the cups with sprinkles. But the good news is, they’re so tiny, it’s like you can get away with eating 5 and not feel too guilty!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp. chocolate fudge instant pudding mix (completely dry, directly out of box)
- In a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a fork, whisking together ingredients extremely fast), combine pudding mix, powdered sugar, and heavy cream until light and fluffy. If using a mixer, it may take 2-3 minutes, but if you’re using your hand to whisk everything together, it may take 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer chocolate mousse into large piping bag with a star tip. If you don’t have a piping bag, a Ziploc bag will do just fine by simply cutting off the corner.
- Pipe into chocolate cups.
- Add sprinkles on top.
- Serve and enjoy the chocolate mousse cups the same day.