Super Bowl 50 is right around the corner. Regardless of how you feel about football, you can’t deny the fact that the Super Bowl gives us a reason to completely pig out! Whether you’re having everyone over for the big game or you’re going elsewhere, you and your friends are going to love this bite-sized NFL-themed dessert! We’re going to make Nutella brownie bites decorated into mini footballs!
I’ll admit, up until about a year ago, I’d never had even a finger lick of Nutella (I know, how could I be human). But now, I’m obsessed! Nutella goes so great on everything: bread, apples, cookies, crepes, crackers, etc. But I’ve never had a Nutella brownie before, until now that is. These are the easiest Nutella brownies! They only require 4 ingredients and are ready in less than 30 minutes (yes, that does include cool down time :P).
My favorite type of brownies are the ones that are super moist and gooey in the center, and these Nutella brownies offer just that. They’re immensely chewy and fudgy but not super rich in chocolate because the Nutella flavor is plenty prevalent.
We’re not going to end it at the Nutella brownies, no way, Jose. In the spirit of football, we’re going to add an easy (and super delicious) 2-ingredient chocolate ganache on each brownie bite. Then we’ll top it off with a few lines of white chocolate, to represent the football, of course!
And without further ado… Hut, hut, BAKE!
- ½ cup flour
- 1¼ cups Nutella
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup white chocolate melting chocolate
- 1 16 oz. can of chocolate frosting
- Grease a mini muffin/cupcake pan well before mixing ingredients together. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until completely smooth.
- Pour batter into individual cups of muffin/cupcake pan.
- Bake brownies in oven for about 15 minutes. To truly know when brownies are fully baked, insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, they’re done! If there’s still brownie batter remaining on the toothpick, let them bake for a few more minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let brownies cool.
- While brownies are cooling to room temperature, it’s time to make the white chocolate garnish that will be the laces on the football. First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments at 50% power, stirring after each time, until completely melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into a piping bag with a small tip, or, you can use a large Ziplock bag and cut a small hole at the corner. Squeeze a line of white chocolate onto parchment paper.
- Make three tick marks across the white chocolate line. You’ve just created your first lace! Make 23 more to press on top of each frosted brownie.
- Place the baking sheet with the laces in the fridge to allow white chocolate to harden.
- Grab a piping bag with a star tip. Pour the chocolate frosting in the piping bag.
- Hold directly above the brownie. Squeeze the frosting bag on the brownie. Pull up and away.
- Stop putting pressure on bag and pull tip straight up and away. Repeat until top of brownie is fully covered with frosting!
- Remove white chocolate garnishes from fridge, and gently lay one lace in the center of each frosted brownie.
- BON APPÉTIT!