If it’s salty and sweet, BRING IT, BABY!
Our taste buds go bananas when eating something something salty and sweet. Whether we’re talking zebra popcorn, chocolate covered potato chips, bacon maple bar donuts, French fries dipp in milk shakes, or pretzels and chocolate, it all satisfies that craving in all of us. Oh gosh, now I’m dreaming about indulging in all of these foods – good going, Kell. Oh desserts, why do you do this to me?!
But let’s be honest, making a bacon maple bar donut isn’t exactly fast, easy, nor convenient. But you know what is?
Caramel pretzel bites are one of my go-to treats. They’re super easy to make and HIGHLY addictive. I’m such a texture eater and this dessert satisfies both the crunch and the chewy tastes that I love. But trust me, it’s not just me who’s head over heels in love with these bad boys. Caramel pretzel bites are a major crowd pleaser and every single time I make them, they’re always gone in minutes! And, better yet, sticking with the PLB motto that “anyone can bake,” these bite-sized desserts are crazy perfect for any human being ranging from ages 4-infinity to make. They’re super simple to assemble!
My momma and I first made caramel pretzel bites last year for Christmas. She ended up gifting some to neighbors, co-workers, and friends, and I gave some to my roommates, co-workers, and friends, as well as my stomach. And let me tell you, everyone (including my tummy) was very much appreciative.
Good news is, these caramel pretzel bites can be made and decorated for any occasion all year long! Heck, I’ve made these multiple times just because I was craving them! There’s always a reason to justify making caramel pretzel bites, occasion or not! 😛
Plus, you can be creative and add whatever your heart desires to these puppies! Almonds, pecans, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, chocolate drizzle, toffee bits, crushed candy canes, Oreos, the possibilities are endless! Feel free to have fun with these treats! Because at the end of the day, that’s the most important thing – that you’re having fun!
Enough reading, let’s start baking!
- One bag Kraft caramels
- Square pretzel snaps
- One bag Wilton chocolate melting chips
- Arrange 7-10 pretzel squares on a plate.
- Place a caramel on top of each pretzel square.
- Put in microwave on High for about 30 seconds or until caramels start to loosen up their shape. Make sure they don't melt completely! Note-each microwave is different, so keep an eye on your first batch to make sure the caramels aren't in there for too long!
- Remove caramels/pretzels from microwave. Immediately press another square pretzel on top to make a caramel sandwich! Sometimes the caramel may stick to the plate through the bottom pretzel so remove sandwich to another plate or container to allow the caramel to harden.
- Repeat process until you've made as many caramel sandwiches as you want!
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip half of the caramel sandwich into the chocolate, shake off excess, place on wax paper. Now it’s time to have a little fun… select your topping of choice (if any) and top away before the chocolate dries!
- Allow the chocolate to set, then indulge!
- BON APPÉTIT!